Have you ever been mistaken about what you want and the dentist you need to see because of the various selections you have? Every day, you see a new specialty in dentistry as science improves day by day. So it’s typically expected to see many patients, especially those who don’t know what their problem is, disarranged as they don’t have adequate information to make the right decision to see an appropriate dentist. General and cosmetic dentists are two of the most popular dentists with the most clients per month; however, patients may be confused when they want to see them if they don’t know their dental problems. One of the best cosmetic dentist in Vancouver points out that aesthetic dentistry is focused on a patient’s appearance and facial issues. Some of the most prevalent treatments provided by cosmetic dentists are dental veneers, dental implants, teeth whitening, composite bonding, etc. General dentistry pertains to dental preventions and common treatments for dental disorders, including fillings, dental extractions, root canal treatment, and even gum disease.
Overlaps Between Cosmetic Dentistry And General Dentistry
There are several cooperations between cosmetic dentistry and general dentistry, which can lead to a fantastic result in the end. Here we have some examples to make you understand the blurred lines between these two specialties.
- Dental bonding is one of the most widespread dental cosmetic treatments to improve the patient’s smile; however, the resin can fill a dental cavity to treat tooth decay.
- Dental veneers are porcelain covers that give you a shiny smile, but meanwhile, they enhance your oral health by protecting your tooth surface from external damage.
- Dental bridges as teeth replacements bring your beautiful smile back to you. Meanwhile, they fill the vacancy of the missed tooth and prevent the remaining teeth from moving out to other places.
- Dentures boost your appearance when it fills the dental gaps meantime your speech and biting difficulties will be solved.
- Whenever you need a tooth extraction, it can be done by a professional general dentist. A skilled cosmetic dentist can help you in the next step to have a suitable replacement for your extracted tooth.
Why Should I Pay More For Dental Cosmetic Treatments?
Most people are supported by dental insurance, but unfortunately, many cosmetic treatments like veneers, dental bindings, or crowns aren’t usually included. Regardless, you can find an insurance company that supports some cosmetic treatments, but they aren’t as great as the provided insurance for general dentistry. However, dental insurance companies are responsible if your cosmetic treatment is medically essential. Also, cosmetic dentists are more likely to spend more money on used materials. For instance, when your dental cavities are filled by a general dentist, he uses amalgam fillings, but a cosmetic dentist tends to fill your cavity with composite materials with the same color as your teeth.
Who Should I Visit?
Depending on your needs, you need to prioritize your requirements, and it’s highly recommended to consult with your usual dentist, who is trustable enough to give you great advice.