Before undergoing a hair transplant surgical procedure, the patient should think about a few things.
- Don’t set impossible goals for yourself. Since the transplanted hair is extracted solely from the patient’s scalp, if you don’t already have any hair, the hair transplant operation will not result in a densely haired scalp.
- As opposed to dark/thin hair, grey/light-colored hair produces better results.
- It will take up to nine months for the hair to firmly grasp their roots and expand again.
- Smokers can be exposed to additional dangers. If you want to have hair transplant surgery, you must stop smoking.
- Medicines can be prescribed for a certain period of time in certain cases.
“Hair transplant surgery may or may not be covered by your health insurance policy. Hair transplant is considered a reconstructive procedure when hair loss is caused by trauma or burns, and the insurance provider can cover the cost. When hair transplant surgery is performed as a cosmetic procedure, insurance coverage will not be available. You can, however, consult with your insurance company.”- Says Dr. Manas Jain who is one of the best hair transplant doctor based in Mysore.
In India, How Long Does it take to Recover from a Hair Transplant?
Since hair transplant procedures do not require stitches, the patient’s recovery can be swift and painless. Following the procedure, the follicles are sealed with a protective bandage, which aids in healing. The hair transplant surgeon will prescribe some drugs to the patient in order for him to be pain-free. Antibiotics are prescribed to eliminate the possibility of infection. The patient must also return to the doctor on the scheduled appointment date to get the bandages removed. Patients may experience swelling, for which the surgeon may prescribe anti-inflammatory medications. Medicines that help to improve hair follicles and promote proper hair growth over time can be prescribed as well.
After a hair transplant, it’s important to take care of yourself. The surgeon will give the patient all of the post-surgery instructions that they will have to follow. The following are some of the most widely prescribed guidelines:
- Stay away from all strenuous sports and workouts that raise blood pressure. This can cause the freshly created wounds to bleed.
- You may also be required to refrain from sexual activity for a period of ten days.
- Care for your wounds according to all protocols and instructions.
- These instructions are only valid for a limited time, and you are not required to obey them indefinitely.
Success Rate of Hair Transplant Surgery in Mysore, India
In India, the success rate of hair transplantation is high. The significance of a cosmetic surgical procedure for those who undergo it cannot be overstated. When practiced under the guidance of leading hair fall therapists and surgeons in Mysore, India, the procedure for hair fall treatment has a 98 percent success rate. Here are several suggestions for improving the success rate of your hair transplant surgery:
- After conducting some analysis and inquiries, choose a hair transplant service provider. A single factor will increase the odds of success by a factor of ten. Expert surgeons provide care at prestigious hospitals. They will send you the specifics of the procedure as well as an objective assessment of the situation, as well as a wealth of useful knowledge ahead of time.
- You should also be mindful of your desires and speak with a surgeon specifically about them.
- The effectiveness of hair loss surgery is determined a year after it is completed. Although the surgeon is responsible for the operation’s progress, the patient must also closely obey the instructions.
What are the Long-Term Prospects?
Hair continues to grow on the transplanted hair and parts of the scalp of anyone who has a hair transplant. The density of the hair on the transplanted scalp may be influenced by factors such as:
- Hair consistency and caliber
- Follicle density
- Hair curls
- Hair density in the newly transplanted hair region of the scalp
Additionally, taking drugs such as finasteride or minoxidil may be appropriate in some cases. As a result, it is important to seek hair loss treatment at a reputable hospital, where you will be cared for and supervised by experts. Also, remember to talk about the anticipated results before beginning treatment so that you have only reasonable expectations.
Are There any Risks Associated with a Hair Transplant?
The following are some of the (minor and temporary) side effects of hair transplant surgery:
- Swelling in certain areas of the scalp
- Bruised eyes
After the transplant, the hair continues to grow. If you experience any side effects, your hair transplant surgeon can prescribe a few medications. Ibuprofen, for example, is used to relieve pain, while antibiotics are used to treat infections. Other drugs for hair growth stimulation, such as minoxidil and finasteride, may be prescribed.